Hi! Welcome to my Website!
Short Bio: I graduated with my B.A. from Smith College and Ph.D. from Dartmouth College. I joined the faculty at Rice University almost 25 years ago (holy cow!!), and I am currently the Martha and Henry Malcolm Lovett Professor of Psychology with an appointment in the Jones School and an adjoint appointment in the Leeds Business School at UC-Boulder (yay, Colorado!). My research focuses on workplace discrimination and the ways both individuals and organizations can remediate such discrimination and successfully manage diversity. My career has been a busy one, with 175 publications, 21 teaching awards (including the most prestigious national award called the Cherry Award), research grants from NSF and NIH, and several gender-related research awards. But the very best part has been meeting, training, and helping the fabulous undergraduate and graduate Rice University students along the way!
For more information, check out my research page or download my vita.
Recent Hebl Lab News:
• We welcome to our lab, awesome postdoc Naomi Fa-Kaji, PhD from Stanford (but more importantly, BA from the one and only Rice U!!!)
• And we welcome Elisabeth Silver, baby and elder of the lab! :)
• Yes, I will probably be taking another graduate student next year!
Recent grads doing great things:
• Congrats to Sarah Walker for being named VP of EDI at Creighton University! Yayyyyy!
• Congrats to Dr. Christy Nittrouer on her new job at Texas Tech Business School!
• Congrats to Abby Corrington on her new job at Providence College Business School, where she is doing great!
• Congrats to Linnea Ng on her new job at Lawrence University!
• And congrats to Rachel Trump-Steele on her new job as a Senior Researcher at Fors Marsh!
Unconventional Education at Rice University: Mikki Hebl
TedxRiceU: Modern Discrimination, Subtle but Significant